While ClubHouse remains one of the most exclusive platforms on the internet, it seems to slowly allow more actions - Starting this week, Everyone can start a new club on ClubHouse.
- It is only available to Apple users (as of now)
- You need to get an invitation from an active member
- As a member, you only have five invitations to give away
- When you first join the club, your options are limitedLimited options, yes, but slowly more options and actions are granted as so do the opportunities.
Introducing the New Feature: How to start your own club on Clubhouse?
Up until this week, most users couldn’t form a personal club on Clubhouse. Only “super users” that were active and participated in a number of discussions as a moderator.
People could create a room, but not a club. As of this week, everyone can create a club!
This gives you the opportunity to promote a topic you are an expert in, or a topic you’d like to promote. It is also an excellent mean to promote yourself and your business.
What is the Difference Between a Club and a Room?
A Club is the tree of the topic – and can be about anything. Politics, life, fitness, travel, or any other hobbies you want to promote. It is the essence of all discussions.
However, a room, is simply a place for people who are members of the club, to talk to. For example, at the LADY BOSS Club I started, we hosted a room on Women’s International Day dedicated for a Q&A about the digital marketing sphere.
How to Invite People to Join Your Club?
There are a couple of ways to help you spread the word about your new club and means to grow your club:
- Send out a URL with Club Info to all of your friends & IG Followers via link
- Invite people through the app to join the club. You can only invite people who follow you on ClubHouse.
- Ask your club members to invite their friends through the app. Remember, club member can only invite people who follow them.
Now that ClubHouse is slowly opening up with more functions to include all members, you should hop on the train. Don’t be shy. Promote your agenda in a new creative way and people will follow you, as long as you are authentic.